Thursday, August 13, 2009

What will happen next

Yesterday was a really good day for Carla's Mother Helen. She was awake more that normal, all the grand kids were here and she had a great time with them.

This morning did not start out as good. She did not really want to wake up and get the day started, so everything ran a little late. Thankfully Megan was home and able to take care of Dave and Helen's breakfast. She is really good about helping out.

About 12:15 Megan called me at work requesting that I come home, grandma had fallen and need help to get up. In the process of getting her up I realized that the right leg would not bear weight, I knew then that we had a problem. David got a chair for me to put her in. The next step was a call to 911 and a trip to the hospital for evaluation of the situation.

End result is a broken hip. Not a real bad break, but at 87 any break is a bad break. There are some pre-surgery test in the morning then if all the test are ok the repair surgery will be done, most likely tomorrow.

I will try to keep the post current on how she is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about this. We will keep her in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Helen! Honey! Gosh, will you please let her know she's in my prayers?

    ReplyDelete